What to Bring
Bring comfortable clothing for both work and free time. Kentucky weather varies greatly, so we suggest dressing in layers. You should bring old work clothes to prevent damaging anything new. Below are additional items that we recommend you bring:
- A heavy coat
- Coveralls, if you have them
- Warm jacket and lightweight jacket
- Hooded rain jacket
- Warm socks (pack extras)
- Heavy sweatshirts
- Work gloves
- Old jeans or pants
- Clean clothes and shoes to change into after work
- A minimum of two (2) pairs of work boots or sturdy shoes with grip tread soles. You may also want to bring walking shoes, tennis shoes, or hiking boots.
- Alarm clock – only one is needed per group
- Bright flashlight and batteries
- Sleeping bag or sheets and heavy blankets
- Pillow and pillowcase
- Towels and washcloths – enough to last all week
- Personal hygiene items: soap, shampoo, toothbrush/paste, deodorant, etc.
- Shower shoes
- Refillable water bottle
- Phone calling card. Cell service may be poor where you’ll be staying. Calls can be made on our land lines using a calling card or by calling collect.
- Materials your group will need to lead devotion (Bible, handouts, music, musical instruments,etc.)
- Playing cards/games
- Laundry facilities are not available, except in emergency situations. Bring enough clothes to last the entire week.
- We strongly discourage bringing any valuables that you will not be able to keep with you at all times.