Download an application
Apple users: We advise that you print your completed application and mail to the CAP Volunteers office.
Long-term applicants: Please review our admissions timeline for important dates.
Although reference forms and background checks for Kentucky residents must be printed and returned by mail, you can complete the majority of the application electronically. The total application can be completed with the following steps:
- Step 1) Download and print three copies of the Volunteer Program Reference Form. Sign the top and distribute these forms to someone who knows you on a personal level (ex. friend, peer), someone who knows you in a professional capacity (ex. teacher, employer, supervisor, etc.), and someone who is familiar with your suitability for service as related to Christian Appalachian Project’s mission statement and guiding principles (ex. priest, minister, teacher, counselor, spiritual director, etc.).
- Step 2) Download a PDF of the volunteer application and view in Adobe Reader. You can save your work to your computer and complete at your own pace. Please refer to our Program Descriptions to complete the Volunteer Interests section.
- Step 3) Complete the appropriate background check authorization forms. A national criminal (and for some applicants, motor vehicle) background check is required for consideration as a CAP Volunteer. Completing the forms below authorize CAP to perform these checks at no cost to you. We do not request or receive any information on your financial credit history.
For your reference:
- A Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act
- Consumer Disclosure and Authorization Form
- California Applicants Only
- New Jersey Applicants Only
- New York Applicants Only
- Washington State Applicants Only
For your completion:
- Step 4) Complete a personal essay (long-term applicants only).
- Central Registry Check (Kentucky residents only): Download and mail to CAP Volunteers, 310 Beiting Lane, Mt. Vernon, KY 40456
To electronically sign your application and Fair Credit forms, you will have to create a password-protected electronic signature through Adobe. If you have never done this before, Adobe will take you through the process step-by-step. Just click on the signature field to get started. Email electronic documents to email@example.com. Be sure to save a copy of your completed application for your records.